In recognition of the precious Dharma resources they provide by living & practicing among us, the Gyuto Monks' livelihood is traditionally supplied by the community.
YOU CAN HELP IN MANY WAYS:
- PLEDGE your membership to Friends of Gyuto Wheel of Dharma for $40.00 monthly.
- GIVE RESPONSIBLY Offer money to the donation box each time you attend classes or events. Each contribution is symbolic of respect for Dharma and shows reverence & courtesy to the Lamas as Dharma teachers it is also vital for the Monastery's existence.
- SPONSOR an individual monk with a monthly sum of your choice.
(Sponsors are also needed for Gyuto monks in India.)
- SERVE offer professional services such as dental, medical or other practical services.
- HOST the Monastery hosts lamas from other Tibetan monasteries. Your financial help can make these beneficial visits possible.
In Buddhist traditions, the support of monks & nuns is viewed as an enlightened activity, generating good karma for oneself and others. Donations are used mindfully to cover basic costs such as food, medicines, transportation, monks' robes, and minor household expenses.· Donations are tax-deductible and specific uses can be designated.· Please contact the Office for information on ways you can participate.
Gyuto Wheel of Dharma Monastery exists to share the Buddha's wisdom teachings of compassion and peace.
Thank you for your friendship and support!
Gyuto Wheel of Dharma Monastery
2601 Taylor St NE, Minneapolis, MN 55418
A Minnesota Charitable 501(c)(3) Organization